Friday, January 22, 2010

Wheeee, fun with RSS Feeds!

This is fun!!!!! I did not have to yank out the Girl Scout Cookies cause I was able to get onto Bloglines and add my "Feeds" rather easily. The instructions were clear and I am looking forward to checking these daily! I even found one that will update me on the latest "techie" toys and another on "Horse Health"! Yea!
I only hope that the rest of this assignment flows as easily!

Now to the actual blogging assignment: I love the expediency of RSS and think that I will enjoy being updated on subjects that work both professionally and personally.
I can see Library feeds keeping patrons up to date on new aquisitions, activities and meetings.
Finding feeds was easy at first as Bloglines gives you some choices that you can collect on your first screen but then I had a bit of a problem finding others once I left that screen. Sooooooo, I googled some of my favorite sites to see if they had any RSS's and collected those to add. Happily, the instructions on how to do this were simple enough that I managed it after only 2 tries! Much less drama than Flickr :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment